Dear CMS Band Parents,
Here are some reminders about our upcoming concert on Monday, December the 12th.
- The concert begins at 7pm. Your students must arrive in uniform with their instrument at 6:30 to the stage in the Mabry Arts Center. We will be seating your students and getting last minute details worked out. Please do not show up late. Students who are not in full uniform will not be allowed to perform.
- Full uniform includes: black pants/long skirt (no jeans), black socks, dress shoes (closed toed shoes for females), and your black performance polo. After Monday all students will have their band polos.
- I HIGHLY recommend that you take your student shopping NOW to make sure that they have their appropriate performance attire. Many students wait until the days before and “have no dress pants that fit me”. We want for the students to learn to be proactive and responsible about things. Please contact me with any if you need assistance in purchasing any part of the uniform. Your student will wear this outfit for 5th-8th grade band so it is a great investment.
- It is a formal concert that will last about one hour. Not only do we expect for you and your students to stay for the entire concert but we encourage it so that both you and your student can support the other grade levels and have something to aspire to. It is one of our two after school concerts and we ask that you enjoy the whole thing! Attending the concert is a grade for your student!! Do not forget that.
The 5th graders will be performing the following lines out of their book for the concert. They may want to begin touching up on these lines: 1-10, 14 Rolling Along, 17 Hot Cross Buns, 24 Listen to Our Sections, 25 Lightly Row, 30 London Bridge, 31 A Mozart Melody, 38 Jingle Bells.
6th Grade is already aware of what they are performing at the concert. They have the sheet music in their binders. Brush up so that we can hit the ground running tomorrow!
If you have not received any info about fundraisers, concerts, and rehearsals then you have not entered your email and clicked the “follow” button on our website. Subscribing to our website is a sure way to NEVER miss out on any information.
Due to our Savannah trips this year for 5th and 6th grade, we will not have our Spring concert at the end of the year. Since we are combining our concerts with CMS Singers we decided that we would choose the date that they usually perform which is the week before Spring Break.
Our new Spring Concert date is March 30th at 7pm. We will still play at the Mabry Arts Center (the theater here in campus at the high school) and the report time will still be 6:30.
I have a lot of planned things for the Spring Concert that will make it a blast for all of us and cannot wait for your kids to show off at their Holiday Concert on December the 12th. Please make sure that your kids get black dress pants (no jeans), some black socks, a black belt and some black shoes (no tennis shoes). We want for our students to look and sound professional. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions that you have!
See below for a quick reminder about our jacket order. Tomorrow is the last day that I will accept the orders. From Monday on you will need to bring your order to Ozier Apparel yourself. Your jacket will most likely come in at a later time than the ones that are placed with me Friday evening.
Each coat comes with our exclusive Trojan band logo embroidered on the left side. For $5 extra you can have your child’s name, and instrument added. We will sell these coats until November 11th, and then turn in the orders to Ozier Apparel.
Important items to remember:
- PLEASE MAKE SURE TO WRITE YOUR CHECKS TO OZIER APPAREL, NOT CMS BAND.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SPELL YOUR NAME CORRECTLY AND YOUR INSTRUMENT CORRECTLY WHEN ADDING $5 FOR EXTRA EMBROIDERY.
- COATS ARE NOT REQUIRED THEY ARE JUST A FUN ADDED EXTRA.
We have several sizes in the band room if you would like to try them on your child before writing your size. These also make great gifts for your child if you would like to order them secretly and turn them in directly to me without them knowing, just turn the order form and money in to the front office and they will put it in my mailbox. I will link the order form in the “Forms” section of the website if you would like to print one.