- 5th Grade Parents: The mouthpieces are in! Tomorrow we will begin learning about the embouchure, creating sounds and in a few classes playing on some instruments!
- Band Fees: The band fees for the year are $30 for 6th grade members and $15 for 5th grade members. *Cash or checks are accepted. Please make the checks written out to “CMS Band”.*
- 6th Grade parents: We are almost complete with the testing on instruments for your students. Mr. Carr and Mr. Huls have been very generous with their time and have been pulling out students one by one so that they can try out instruments. The forms that the two band directors filled out plus their Music Theory test on Thursday will be factored into determining their instrument selection. Your students will be notified of their instrument placement on Friday.
- Instrument Night: The first 6th grade connection class will attend the August 31st instrument night to rent/purchase their instrument, equipment and band books. The second 6th grade connection class will attend the September 2nd instrument night. These will run from 5-8pm on both nights. This is the night where you will purchase/rent the instrument for your student. We need all students and parents to attend an instrument night so that your student can begin learning their instrument the next day in class. *edit* A handout about instrument night and your child’s instrument selection will be given to them on Friday to take home.
- A quick reminder about the band binders for 6th grade (1/2 inch preferred), sheet protectors, and the handbook sign-off that is due on August 28th. (The band fees are due that date as well but I will be leniant on that as we all have MANY fees due near the beginning of the school year. Please turn in that money as soon as possible). I have re-attached the handbook sign-off below for easy visibility. The handbook is located under the “forms” section of the website.
- Make sure the follow this website to get up-to-date information!
As always please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions that you may have!
Hello. This is Amy Lee, Eowyn Lee’s mom. She came home very upset today because she wants to play clarinet, not oboe. She did not express this to us until today. Our questions were only intended to clarify because Eowyn was telling us a variety of confusing things. I hope that she will be able to continue in band playing the clarinet. Thank you, Amy Lee
Sent from my iPhone
Do you have to buy a mouth price if you are a tuba player?
thanks for your time